Monday, April 6, 2015

Germs be Gone

As we all know, germs are everywhere. There is no way of hiding from them or eliminating them completely from everyday life; however, we can take steps to avoid germs as much as possible.


When using germX to clean hands please perform the above.



During Easter we saw many family members who wanted to interact with Roanan and I was terrified. I was so afraid someone would contaminate R without even knowing it. So before anyone would touch him I would nicely offer them GermX or advise them to please wash their hands. I hope that no one was offended by my precautions, but i feel that I need to do everything in my power to protect my child. According to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, people with CF are at greater risk of getting lung infections because thick, sticky mucus builds up in their lungs, allowing germs to thrive and multiply. Lung infections are a serious problem for those eith CF because they can lead to severe or worsening lung disease. A simple cold can quickly become pneumonia and lead to a hospital stay. [The last thing we want] I know that I can't always protect R from getting sick, but I will do everything in my power to make sickesss minimal. Thankfully, there are many things we can do to prevent the spread of germs and illness.

More info:
Cystic Fibrosis Germ Prevention






Thank you for caring enough about my family to educate yourself on germ prevention and the significance that germs play on those with CF

No comments:

Post a Comment