Saturday, May 23, 2015

Recap

On Wednesday we had a Dr appointment with the pulmonologist. Roanan weighed 14.0lbs, 24.6 in long, 100% oxygen saturation. His lungs sounded great but Dr. S was concerned about his weight. Lately R has plateaued in the weight area... Thankfully he is still in the healthy weight zone but we want him bigger since he was born in the 90th percentile and is currently in the 50th. Dr. S also started R on HyperSal 7% via nebulizer 2x a day following his albuterol. HyperSal is basically sodium chloride. Sodium chloride is the chemical name for salt. Sodium chloride can reduce some types of bacteria in certain body secretions, such as saliva.Sodium chloride inhalation is used to produce sputum (mucus, or phlegm) from the mouth to help improve lung function in people with cystic fibrosis, or to collect sputum for medical testing. R does very well with it and sits still during the 25+ minutes his nebulizer requires. We go back to the Dr. in 2 weeks with much hope that R has gained weight. Prayers appreciated!

Once again I will say how wonderful Roanan is. He truly is a perfect son and I thank God everyday for him. He is rolling over and talking 24/7 (not sure where he got that from). I am so thankful for his developmental advances. He is so smart and I know R will accomplish so much in life.

I believe God sent you into my life to give me something to fight for, to show me there is love in this world, to give me hope and to bring me joy, all the proof I need in God is in you, you are a gift from the heavens.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I am a momma of two cf babies; 2yr and 7 months. I'd love to connect with you. I love having a good network of cf moms and I don't know too many Christian ones. Find me on facebook at Adelle Buisman Norg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Adelle, thanks for following our journey. I don't do Facebook, but feel free to contact me at tanbragdon@gmail.com. I hope your kiddos are doing great, and my family will be praying for yours.

    ReplyDelete