Friday, November 20, 2015

Winner, Winner!

I hope everyone got the email about registering early for the 2016 great strides walk! & the drawing for a turkey.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from the cystic fibrosis foundation that I won the turkey! How crazy! I don't believe I have ever won anything before so I was so excited! The more I thought about it the more blessed I felt. This year we have decided to opt out of the family Christmas and thanksgiving gatherings due to the illnesses associated with the season. We have also decided to keep R home as much as possible. We have been taking as many precautions as we can to keep R safe such as: no Walmart trips, no eating out, no large family gatherings, and etc. This decision was a hard one to make because we don't want our son to miss out on anything including the holidays. On the other hand, we weighed the pro's and con's of large celebrations and the possible con's out weighed the pro's. So this year we will be celebrating in small groups throughout the holiday season. This turkey we have won will make our little family thanksgiving perfect. I had zero intentions on investing in a turkey. I planned on buying some frozen chicken and sticking it in the crock pot with a box of stove top and calling it thanksgiving. But now we have a big ol turkey coming our way from Chattanooga!  Praise the Lord for blessing us with so much more than we deserve. We have so much to be thankful for.

In the past 9 months we had a perfect child born with cystic fibrosis, we learned our house was full of mold and we had to relocate to a camper, I have had to step away from work in order to give my son the most proper care possible, Seth is going full time to get his masters in teaching to help R once he gets in the school system, and we have been without an income for over 8 months but the Lord has provided for us. We have never went without a meal and R has never not had what he needed. Our insurance has been great and worked well with our clinic and paying for R's expensive care. We have been blessed with numerous friends and family members who have supported us and we are so thankful for them each and everyday. This year has been very impactful on our lives but when I look back on it I see beauty. I see Gods love and his light working through so many people. I am so thankful for this year. I am so thankful for my life. I am so thankful for my son. My cup runneth over and I am beyond blessed.

Thank you all for supporting my family. Whether it be through CF advocacy,  financial support, prayer, text/calls, or just thinking of us. We are so thankful for you.

Thank you cystic fibrosis foundation for giving us a turkey for our Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment