Monday, June 13, 2016

Glimpse into Hospital Life

Our hospital stay last week was equivalent to a mini vacation, sort of. I had the opportunity to dedicate 100% of my being to R. I didn't have to worry about making dinner, washing nebulizers, doing laundry, and etc all of my energy was focused on him. I am so thankful for that time together especially since not all parents have the chance to spend a week with their child one on one. R and I were able to learn to color, put stickers every where, learn body parts, and most importantly heal his little body. We spent numerous hours doing treatments, dosing medicine, and participating in CPT. We coughed together, cried together, and created tons of laughs together. R was so brave all week after each procedure he would be all smiles escourting the nursing staff out of the room. He did very well with the extra treatments and therapies. Although he didn't get much sleep he was still so happy and full of joy. As a parent it's very difficult to see your child lying in a hospital bed hooked up to IV's but his smile always provided the peace that the beeping IV took away...

Last week we watched so much paw patrol, bubble guppies, and nemo that I can quote it all. We went through hundreds of stickers and two packs of crayons. All of our target wardrobe was used. Hundreds of cheerios were thrown in the floor and threw away along with tons of hospital food - but so much was gained. We made so many memories that I'll never forget. R didn't run a temp but twice. His oxygen stayed about 97 majority of the time. We came home with lots of goodies that we would have bought out of pocket. We had the ability to go outside and enjoy the sunshine. The staff was phenomenal and exceeded all of my expectations. R now has a treatment plan to tackle the PIV3 and the pseudomonas. We had so much joy in room 320. The staff would come see us when they needed a smile and I'm so thankful for that. I believe the lord shown brightly through my son all last  week. Whether it was during a blood draw when they witnessed strength and bravery, or whether it was during a treatment when they saw patience, or during a visit when they were overcome by love and pure joy; God was present during each second of our stay. I am so thankful that I got to witness R being a vessel for the lord. I saw 1 Tim. 4:12 in work. "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, life, love, faith, and purity." R didn't allow his age, condition, or lack of vocabulary to prevent him from allowing God to move... 

what's our excuse?

Home Sweet Home 


My view majority of the week! Ha


I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, guys! He has grown into such a lively, happy boy. It warms my soul to see him smile. Glad you all are hanging in there! With love, Maggie from Niswonger.

    ReplyDelete